RE: Newcomer to xPL / Linux support

  • Subject: RE: Newcomer to xPL / Linux support
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:09:00 +0000

> I've got a couple of bits of source off www.xplhal.com, been
> playing about with it. For some reason the xpldev and xplhub
> bits won't actually bind the port (or do but for some reason
> it doesn't show up in nmap and I can't connect. Wierd).

Hi Gordon,

I'm not sure why you may have a problem with them, but I'm new to linux/c
so
maybe the code isn't porting well (built/tested on redhat9 only). The code
also works on cygwin, with a 'make cygwin'. And if you have a tivo, there's
a modified build for that too.

John B has used them to build an app, but not sure what linux he's using.

I'll run them up at the weekend and try nmap, I'd like to cure any problems
as I have quite a few plans for them.

Do you get any errors?
They won't actually do anything until configured via xplhal and xplhal
manager.
Then xpldev just displays any incoming messages (that pass the filters)

Regards
Tony