Re: Newcomer to xPL / Linux support

  • Subject: Re: Newcomer to xPL / Linux support
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 16:54:00 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon JC Pearce" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=T9rRHSxz_3uxkaT5aI2DFqWLAwd7gBAso8akzJ_FVr4fDYxT0lFKniJ_QW7LIHVjW_T9mpU">gordon@g...</a>>
> ack! That would be why I had so much trouble getting to
> www.wintermute-ltd.co.uk then?

well, actually the main one is www.wintermute-ltd.com we lost the .co.uk in
a taging dispute with easynet... grrrrr.

> Perhaps for running on larger machines (at least a low-end pentium)
the
> whole thing could be written in Python. It would certainly make adding
> plugins easier!

Sounds *very* interesting, seeing as Python seems to be turning up all over
the place!

As almost all of the new devs for a while have been built using existing
app
frameworks, we haven't had to do a "first principles" build for a
while...
and there's a rather glaring hole in the documentation at present: The
configuration process.

The config process is very powerful, and also rather elegant (we think),
It's also been the "work of a thousand emails", so the
documentation hasn't
quite caught up yet.

In the very best traditions of source as documentation, the sourcy for
Tony's OCX is probably the best example of the sequence of events an app
has
to follow to be compliant, as it exposes the complete process.

I.