VS C# 2005 xFx....more

  • Subject: VS C# 2005 xFx....more
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:38:39 -0000

I've just recompiled the libraries and runtimes and all seems OK -
there do appear to be a couple of libraries where the source is a
couple of versions behind the latest binaries, no matter.

Now the interesting bit..I'm running the C#2003 version of the
slimserver connector in a C#2005 GUI runtime, along with tivoyac and
caller-id osd (both recompiled). However, slimserver won't come up in
the C#2005 service....but the others do.

I don't know enough about how 1.1 assemblies run in 2.0 environments
(of course 1.1/1.1SP1 still are there) to understand whether I should
be amazed or just puzzled!

Anyway, my to do list for the next plugins is:
TOM10
RS485 four wire serial comms.
Central heating PI(D) control (bit of a one off)

And I await eagerly the JPEGTivo.....

As an aside, what do others do for generic scripting? As an example,
the phone rings - I'd like to mute/pause the Tivo, Slimserver, etc
and display the Caller ID. Or someone pushes the doorbell button,
connected to a Netiom - mute and display a message and or/TTS. Whilst
it's plainly possible to pick up the code and add to it, this gets a
bit boring for every little event/action, especially for non BSC
devices.

Lehane