Re: Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:59:45 -0500, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<gsullivan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Here's what I ended up doing... You tell me how it meshes with your
>model.

Whoa, there's a lot to this one!

This is just a quickie for now, but one thing that stood out to me was

>xap-header
>{
>    v=12
>    hop=1
>    uid=FF111101
>    class=Message.Display.Info
>    source=BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.gmslaptop1:LivingRoom
>    target=KCSoft.Send.Anya
>}
>Display.Success
>{
>    tivodescription=Living Room
>    successcount=5
>    line1=Incoming Voice Call
>    line2=Stuart Booth is calling from 01234-567890
>    tivoaddress=192.168.64.251
>    failurecount=0
>}

What I normally do is assume that "Message.Display.Info"
'derives'
from class "Message.Display", and thus 'inherits' the blocks from
"Message.Display" but can add its own. Thus I would reuse the
Display.Text and Display.Look and send out this instead:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=Message.Display.Info
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
Target=BushSoft.xAPTiVoJPEGWriter.GMSlaptop1:>
}
Display.Text
{
Line1=Incoming Voice Call
Line2=Stuart Booth is calling from 01234-567890
}
Display.Look
{
Image=\\gmsserver01\Pictures\ERIN.JPG
}
Display.Success
{
tivodescription=Living Room
successcount=5
tivoaddress=192.168.64.251
failurecount=0
}

Does that make sense?

It means duplication but several chunks of the schema are implicitly
'known' IYSWIM. I just tack on any additional data. It even allows me
to reuse the xAP message object internally in my code too :) I
personally think it makes things easier to read & understand, as well
as code.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/