Re: Bodies in xAP Heartbeats

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:05:45 +0100, Kevin Hawkins
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do people feel about this (attaching a body
>to a heartbeat) and would it break current apps ?

I'm afraid to say xFx would hurl a wobbler at this. I sent this as a
test:

xap-hbeat
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF125000
class=xap-hbeat.alive
source=KCSoft.POP3.server
interval=60
port=3641
pid=1520
}
Body.Type
{
Status=On
}

And got an error message on the Body.Type bit. I think I really ought
to be a bit more graceful in some respects here, ignoring what
shouldn't be there or that I don't recognise, but shouting out loud
when it sees something clearly wrong such as an invalid UID etc.

I'm hungry, more comments later.........

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/