Re: xAP directory service

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:56:59 -0000, "Patrick Lidstone"
<patrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>How about we put together a simple xAP directory service - which is
>able to handle simple lookup requests, perhaps against an LDAP server,
>or even just a file - as a means of centralising core configuration
data?

As in, "Hey, I'm here, who was I before when I was last started?"
guess this core config data would be the xAP specific stuff like h/r
intervals, UIDs etc?

Would I be able to find out which devices can do OSD requests, and
which schema(s) they respond to? James has a mechanism I believe that
somebody can say "Hey, who does OSD?" and each individual
responds.
Would a directory service do the answering after a xAP node was
registered?

Would a xAP node register when it starts, or once only until
explicitly forgotten?

Not had the need for this myself just yet, hence the queries to find
out what others are after.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/