Bodies in xAP Heartbeats

  • Subject: Bodies in xAP Heartbeats
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:05:45 +0100

In recent apps we're seeing increasing numbers of periodic
'informational' messages - a good example is the announcing of
availabilty of the xAP Intranet applications. It strikes me that the
logical place for some of these is as bodies attached to the heartbeat
of an application thus reducing packets. By some I  mean information
that partners well with the informatory nature of a heartbeat eg the
intranet access detail.  How do people feel about this (attaching a body
to a heartbeat) and would it break current apps ?  My main concern might
be that low power devices might not have the capacity to process them
but they could always discard after the main heartbeat header.