Re: Introduction

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:18:08 +0100, "Adam Stevens"
<adam@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Certainly from what I've seen at xapframework.net a lot
>of effort has gone into it.

A few hours here and there, yes :-)

> Are hubs generally writing into
>existing applications, or does the user need to know that he needs to
>run a hub if he's running more than one xAP client on a PC?

I think there are differing views on that one. Sadly I can't recall
the outcome of the last discussion in this area.

It can be easier to get things up and running if the first
xAPplication to start automatically takes on Hub duties, and that's
the route that xAPFramework (xFx) employs.

But, if you want to fiddle around a little, xFx-based xAPps can be
configured to auto-detect the lack of a Hub or be forced into starting
in either a Hub or HubClient mode because the Hub/HubClient protocol
is built into xFx itself. This is up to the individual developer of
course, but all of my non-dedicated-Hub xAPps definitely auto-detect
their mode.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/