Re: Introduction

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:07:19 +0100, "Adam Stevens"
<adam@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>From what I understand, as xAP is "just" a protocol, then as
long as I'm
>happy with UDP communication,  there is no specific need for me to use
>the xAP .net framework.  Is that correct?

Oh, absolutely! xAPFramework.net's just another implementation of the
xAP protocol - there are several out there already - to help make
developing xAPplications a bit easier. It's merely a set of libraries
upon which I base all my xAPplications and as such I hope it's
reusable enough for others to use. Since I'm always using it, it's
forever getting tweaked and massaged and added to. I think a few
others have found it useful.

I actually wrote it when I was learning C# and .net a few years back
(2 and a half or so I guess), something which has since proved very
useful at work.

Interestingly enough I'm working on a few things here that use an
external .NET library that's implemented in Delphi. So I need to ship
the Borland runtimes with it too, which does bloat things up
substantially, but it looks like a cracking SDK - and still small
enough overall I hope.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/