RE: Strange Viewer issue

  • Subject: RE: Strange Viewer issue
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:40:53 +0100

Yes - that's how I saw it too the remote hub just forwards it and should
apply no intelligence at all.

> Locally ... this is a feature that xFx Hubs already
> support (multiple devices on the same port). James and I
> have already been through this one, if it's the thing I'm
> thinking of. I can't recall the implementation details of
> this tweakette anymore though.

Hmm - a little worried here - are you saying that xFx hubs are different to
the spec and handle this as a special case ?? Meaning that the HomeSeer
usage might break other hubs as they do not have this tweak ??  Actually I
think all that is required is for the hub to forward a message once on a
broadcast or loopback address to the port listed - of course you may have
had to stop the message being forwarded to the same port several times -
maybe that was the tweak you mean ?? Without this duplicate messages would
appear.