Display Schema

  • Subject: Display Schema
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:41:00 +0000

Whilst we're on the topic a bit here about display devices, way back
in early June (!!) James and I bashed a few ideas together for a new
Display Schema.

I've sat on the resulting document for long enough, but I'm not going
to get around to the tedious task of HTML-ing it just yet I suspect,
so I've uploaded it in its original MS Word format to the file space
for this xAP_developer group. It is called "Display Schame.doc".

It uses a block linking scheme that quite appeals to me. I'm not sure
how this will scale to other devices however. Thus any alternative
suggestions would be of interest.

I'm not aware if James has implemented this in any way, but I
certainly have not yet. I'm still using the old OSD schema. So there's
perhaps not any practical experience with it.

Neither James or I have made any changes to this document since June
15th, so it's a snapshot of our thoughts from back then.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=jXAU1857dfxGzG7-N8vsAulUDGibpYcWM2F65kOkhSL7uDZDOtVVRrj6E6PayYUXnV7myMFRyDFZFZHJOA1nT-AD">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net