RE: Re: xAPplications - what''s avaialble...

  • Subject: RE: Re: xAPplications - what''s avaialble...
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 00:31:00 +0000

Patrick - if you really are serious about the HomeVision support then I
will
lend you a HomeVision controller.
The Homeseer support is the one I think will have the most bang for the
money - ie be appreciated by most people - bring an end user interface to
xAP.

Kevin

( Evaluation / Development hardware broker)

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=he0ocmlZRCGhgvmq4P5uVSkZuWeZTpaR76XHwLo3pByx792CLKOQE8AG79l0RFTM6ti6WjhzaHHN0xY">patrick@l...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Kcq-xPYGlPEar7sAgWt3DMxSWuxku7uISdd-n2nGH9N4mY1eZBv3WT0KpKWX4qcSUt--LnQHa-a_7Yx-2QwEg15RWzOBIXY">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
> [...]
> Lin/Win/Rabbit/Tivo/Pocket PC
>
> Router
> Lin/Win
> Remote internet access to the xAP network. Late beta, security needs
> beefing up a bit.
>
> Dev kit - VB
> Win
> Active X control
> N/C for home use
> Late beta, some enhancements and minor bug fixes required. Documented!
>
> Dev Kit - GCC
> Lin/Win
> C developers kit
> N/C
> Very solid, would benefit from tidying up a little bit. Documented!
>
> Dev Kit - Python
> Lin (Win build should be easy but I've never done it)
> Very solid... Documented.

> In the works:
>
> Dev Kit - PIC
> PIC
> PIC developers kit. Never got round to releasing this. Includes full
> parser in 500 bytes. Minimal docs yet.
>
> xAP Dash - Config software
> Win
> Global view of the network from a single point. Auto discovery of all
> xAP components, with open architecture plugin support for
> config/testing. Alpha quality.
>
> RIO Support
> Dell Rio
> Started this and got sidetracked.
>
> Rabbit Interface Personalities
> Rabbit
> Ethernet xAP connectivity for meteor caller id/ meridian amp /
> polaron / comfort using an embedded core. Happy for more suggestions
> for interfacing to anything that is serial based.
>
> PIC telemetry board
> Light / temp/ humidity/sound/motion.
>
> Dev Kit - Local decision engine
> Byte-code compiled decision engine allows for distributed if-then-
> else logic which can either be permanently active or activated only
> when a specific heartbeat is lost.
>
> xAP enabled scales
> I've got the scales, I've taken them apart. Now I just have to xAP
> enable them :-)
>

> ----------------
>
> Personal Wish list items:
>
> - Support for the asterisk PBX, allowing for remote device control,
> call logging, and PBX routing control via xAP
>
> - integration with SNOM phones to allow for device control via LCD
> and keypad on the phone locally.
>
> - xAP enabled CCTV movement detection
> Either modify Zoneminder, if it's not open source, clone it.
>

> ----------------
>
> General Wish list items:
>
> I know that people would like to see:
>
> - Homeseer support
>
> - Ace support
>
> - Latest version xAP support on Autom8it
>
> - Homevision support.
>
> I can take some or all of these on. To do HV would need someone to
> loan me an HV controller (yeah, like that's going to happen :-)
>
> Oh, and also:
>
> - Integration with Outlook calendar, Outlook "today" and
Outlook