Re: Re: xAPplications - what''s avaialble...

  • Subject: Re: Re: xAPplications - what''s avaialble...
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 00:23:00 +0000

On Tue, 20 May 2003 00:11:37 +0100 (BST), Stuart Poulton
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Qr8sybBgwRbYUBuL-Ssr6PZxEtbEO8GkBoJrnUsJkfgn7xlTY04PdSKRQf31XLg_Tco2UH5wKGZihHeLXQxBbrN-5G_U">stuart.poulton@a...</a>>
wrote:

>> Could we organise the list of software into different categories
onto
>> the xAP commercial site, StuartP? That's a mighty long list and if
>> only had passing interest or was looking for something specific I
>> might have got lost in it.
>
>Current applications are indeed split into some groupings, see

Ahhh, oops, I'd forgotten about that. That reminds me I tried to
upload a file and it went wrong for some reason (quite probably my own
fault I suspect), and I never followed it up to try again. OOPS!

>However following at least one e-mail that I recieved today, some of
the
>Links are broken, I think this was caused by Patrick's change to his
new
>website structure. For this reason is it feasable to suggest that we
have
>a central repository of xAPpplications ?

Hhhrrrrmmmnnn-ummmmm, I'd rather keep things on my own site for
updating reasons. It's a mighty arduous task updating the exe's and
source downloads for me as it is - I've even been thinking about
writing a tool to package everything up in just the way I want it.

For instance I've got to detach the source projects from my source
control software before uploading, making sure they all contain the
correct files if I've added/deleted anything.

So I'm thinking of ways of making this whole job easier for me as it
consumes waayyy too much time, and so I do it less frequently than I
might otherwise.

Hence I'd rather not have to update two locations, or perhaps just
edit one 'foreign' site. I daresay I could link from my site to the
central one...

I also like how PHP-Nuke keeps track of a download counter for each
available downloadable.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=8FL_2CYuPqqVfS6LysDI6e7Eryjj9Oy4VnpsbGPvzFu6mqCBEa2NGoNdvnSNXb5OB98mtNRx7TaSq9rkqnY">stuart@x...</a>