xAp Groups and Scenes and Events

  • Subject: xAp Groups and Scenes and Events
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:03:00 +0000

I thought I would take the opportunity (in this developer group) of
mentioning that a great deal of discussion and some proposals have already
been made with regard to the implementation of 'groups' and 'scenes' within
xAP and also the subject of event based addressing.
We didn't include these features in v1.2 at the time because we felt
that they needed some more investigation and also that 1.2 was already
including many new features over v1.1
As more people get involved in actually developing real world xAP
applications we can discuss these topics again with a view to an adoption
of
a common approach. Interestingly the previous proposals all layered these
features on top of xAP without disrupting any of the existing features -
the
addressing and UID concepts were introduced in v1.2 with full support for
forward going compatibility with these unannounced features.