RE: xAP switch

  • Subject: RE: xAP switch
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:12:00 +0000

Paul,

Ah - but you could have a short press for bedroom lamp on and off
and a long press for dim all upstairs lights. Or even a short press for
outside light and a long press for bedside light. Doing the latter would
require you to actually activate the lamp on release of the switch though.
Additionally these are events - so you tie an action to an event -
otherwise each output device would have to time the press period and you
might get inconsistent results or even delays introduced on very large
bridged networks. Generating the event at the switch eliminates any
problems
- and provides a clear place to put the actions.

Kevin

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=qNhr6kVph8diEf_D2bo5FKuQf2UdEBZRnNwX4Bt0HoaIJLid7o_4sSDKpVvLbrTQBBP_UU0JYTBDMzVoKmPBCg">paul_gordon@h...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=05PtwdUVaF4CJbMiXGWAfuRFPxqhyZfbY0VEM9xt34EYWyydOXWmP3SqfRkYkPPi2H9jVIRvPP_3DMLkbkHHI7uuYuQnsA">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: RE: [xAP_developer] xAP switch
>
> Seems an odd way of doing it... I'd have thought just a
"Down" and an
> "up"
> (aka "press" and "release") would be
sufficient....

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=7KL6KI_T3yy_OcLdZGfV4or6zffRyVZjACT2WyLJ4vw9ExnnWnDHiCLpi5vhSKfAVK0iWqlizYr0ZH2RB-i1AoQ">lists@u...</a>>
> >To: <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=05PtwdUVaF4CJbMiXGWAfuRFPxqhyZfbY0VEM9xt34EYWyydOXWmP3SqfRkYkPPi2H9jVIRvPP_3DMLkbkHHI7uuYuQnsA">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>>
> >Subject: RE: [xAP_developer] xAP switch
> >Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:02:36 +0100
> >
> >Thought I'd just mention how Clipsal handle switch actions on
C-Bus -

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=tTfJ2Oi1W6CMnDNWAAcZqV7CW5ZrAnBzAHxQmu4LilN7FdzOi6oW7GDdPQlkptgs_U4tSHygraiEsg">Ian@M...</a>]
> > > Sent: 14 April 2003 21:51
> > > To: <a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=05PtwdUVaF4CJbMiXGWAfuRFPxqhyZfbY0VEM9xt34EYWyydOXWmP3SqfRkYkPPi2H9jVIRvPP_3DMLkbkHHI7uuYuQnsA">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
> > > Subject: RE: [xAP_developer] xAP switch
> > >
> > > Hi Steve
> > >
> > > The relay board controller I am working on currently has 8
> inputs.
> > > These are
> > > switches than can be momentary or locking. The program lets
you
> > > configure
> > > whether a message is sent on the input going low, high or
both.
> >also
> > > use a
> > > Maxim chip (max6818) to do all my debouncing which saves a
lot
> of
> > > processing
> > > time.
> > >
> > > It would be quite easy to modify the program to just send
input
> >changes
> > > and
> > > even make a new PCB for it. Having said that the board has 8
> open
> > > collector
> > > outputs which folks might find useful. There is also RS485
and
> serial
> > > on
> > > board although only one can be used at once. You can see the
> current
> > > prototype on my site under projects then relay board
controller.
> Note
> > > the
> > > 'production' version will not have the switches on board.
They
> will
> >be
> > > connected by a plug of some nature so can be remote.
> > >
> > > I have been thinking of adding another 8 inputs, not for any
> reason
> > > other
> > > than I can. Well, that's not quite true. Since this is
designed
> > > control
> > > my relay board and I am thinking of using them at home I
might
> need
> > > more
> > > than the current inputs. This might be for travel limit
sensing
> for
> > > example.
> > > We shall see.
> > >
> > > All this is done on an Atmel chip using the CodeVision
compiler.
> > > found
> > > PIC's became unreliable and space became tight once I got
beyond
> the
> > > first
> > > page of memory.