xAP switch

Hi

Been out of the loop for a while as we have been rewiring and decorating
our house. Anyway just starting to catch up again and last night thought
of an ideal xAP device.

What I need is to have keypad at different points round the house. For
instance in the bedroom I could do with a small keypad stuck to the wall
that will arm the alarm to night mode, change the volume on the Rio,
trigger the headline and news to be read over the speakers, switch on the
bedroom lights.

My thought was either to make a xAP switch device that sends out a sort of
I'm switch unit A and button 1 has been pressed, then let a controller
device on the PC translate the xAP message from a switch xAP message to say
a Rio or Comfort type xAP message. The alternative is to program the
switch with the ability to send multiple xAP messages types up front so it
send the correct message out straight away. The later sound better but
requires a bit more coding space and I was thinking of just bashing it out
on a PIC. Any views?

Also are we anywhere with the PIC developer code framework based on
Patrick's success with xAP message detection and heartbeats.

S.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.

Thank you for your assistance.