Intranet Launcher - activity time out question

  • Subject: Intranet Launcher - activity time out question
  • From: "Gary Tall" <gtcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:04:34 -0000

Hi again guys, I've set up intranet launcher on each of my PC's and
I'm experimenting with Kevin's gateway and Homevision Pro. When a
particular PC turns on I set the lighting in my office to a certain
level and run a longer timer than normal. When it turns off I change
the lighting to a different level and run a shorter timer.

This is working well but I'm struggling with the activity timeout
setting in Intranet Launcher and what "activity" it monitors.

I can have the PC running a heavily cpu intensive application and an
xAP off message gets sent. Its still logged on, the screensaver has
not started and I don't think the incredibly long time out I've set
has expired.

So I wonder if I can ask what the timeout is counting in and what
constitutes activity please.

Thanks
Gary