Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer

  • Subject: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer
  • From: "Jon" <jon00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:44:51 -0000

Kevin,

Sorry, I should have answered your first post better.

I do also have Michaels xAP plugin installed (but disabled)  and tried
it before downloading James offering.

I was hoping to support a home grown plugin first!  That said, I did see
a post somewhere on the HS message board about xAP conduit stability
issues (I cannot find it ATM) and wanting to change to Michaels plugin.

With conduit, I am seeing so many xAP messages, probably due to my 486
devices being constantly updated that the xAP viewer cannot cope at
times. As usual, I'm probably pushing things to their limit.

I'll wait until James replies before going down a different route.

Thanks,

Jon

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

> HI Jon - sounds ominous ... HS runs for me pretty much 24/7 but
> maybe you're using an aspect of the xAP plugin that I'm not. There is
> also Michaels xAP plugin for HS - a very different UI but he uses it a
> lot and it fully supports BSC.

> Jon wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, things are going from bad to
worse
> > at the moment.
> >
> > For some reason, Homeseer crashed totally in the night and
refused
> > restart getting stuck with a VB.NET script exception:
> >
> > 07/05/2007 04:03:59 ~!~Warning~!~VB.Net script exception,
re-starting:
> > Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
> >
> > As soon as I remove hspi_xAP2.ocx from the root of Homeseer and
restart,
> > the problem disappears. This is totally reproducible. If I
re-install
> > the plugin, restart Homeseer (as many times as you like) and this
error
> > occurs. Remove the ocx and the problem is cleared.
> >
> > Until this is sorted, I am able to go any further.
> >
> > FYI, I was using your last option by placing the X10 app in the
X10