Re: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer

  • Subject: Re: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer
  • From: James Traynor <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:56:35 +0100

--------------050603060604090106090702

Hi Jon,

I have been chatting with Edward re the extended x10 commands and the
following ocx will support it

www.mi4.biz/files/testing/20070507_hspi_xAP2.zip

I have also added a line that means that should HS request and x10 code
that the plugin doesn't know that the info will be put in the log which
will hopefully make debugging easier!
If you do have lots and lots of devices then I would suggest going to
the xAP>Config>Devices tab and disabling some. Down the bottom of the
list you have a disable all option. Probably best to start with then all
off and turn them on as needed.
Stability wise I haven't seen any problems. I have seen issues
occasionally where when HS2 restarts the hs_compatibilty.exe which runs
the plugin doesn't stop and when HS2 starts it can't run any plugins.
There is an issue with domotion, both xAP and domotion work fine on
their own. Run them together and one or the other doesn't work, very odd.
It may be worth deleting your /xAP/ folder before running the new ocx to
make sure all is nice and clean. The vb.net error is very odd and not
something i've seen before, if it continues could you email you
/xAP/settings.txt file to me and i'll see what is going on. ( james at
mi4 dot biz). I don't know if your running this on vista but there is a
hot fix for some vb.net errors ftp://homeseer.com/pub/VBPatch.exe,
but
even without that patch the xap plugin is working fine here on vista
with HS2.2.0.11

Let me know how you get on.

James
Jon wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Sorry, I should have answered your first post better.
>
> I do also have Michaels xAP plugin installed (but disabled)  and tried
> it before downloading James offering.
>
> I was hoping to support a home grown plugin first!  That said, I did
see
> a post somewhere on the HS message board about xAP conduit stability
> issues (I cannot find it ATM) and wanting to change to Michaels
plugin.

> With conduit, I am seeing so many xAP messages, probably due to my 486
> devices being constantly updated that the xAP viewer cannot cope at
> times. As usual, I'm probably pushing things to their limit.
>
> I'll wait until James replies before going down a different route.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:
>
>> HI Jon - sounds ominous ... HS runs for me pretty much 24/7 but
>> maybe you're using an aspect of the xAP plugin that I'm not. There
is
>> also Michaels xAP plugin for HS - a very different UI but he uses
it a
>> lot and it fully supports BSC.

>> Jon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi James,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, things are going from bad
>>>
> worse
>
>>> at the moment.
>>>
>>> For some reason, Homeseer crashed totally in the night and
refused

>>> restart getting stuck with a VB.NET script exception:
>>>
>>> 07/05/2007 04:03:59 ~!~Warning~!~VB.Net script exception,
>>>
> re-starting:
>
>>> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
>>>
>>> As soon as I remove hspi_xAP2.ocx from the root of Homeseer
and

> restart,
>
>>> the problem disappears. This is totally reproducible. If I
>>>
> re-install
>
>>> the plugin, restart Homeseer (as many times as you like) and
this

> error
>
>>> occurs. Remove the ocx and the problem is cleared.
>>>
>>> Until this is sorted, I am able to go any further.
>>>
>>> FYI, I was using your last option by placing the X10 app in
the X10
>>> target field. If as you say uses the old x10-request schema
then I
>>> assume this is the reason why extended does not work.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------050603060604090106090702

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Hi Jon,<br>
I have been chatting with Edward re the extended x10 commands and the
following ocx will support it<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/20070507_hspi_xAP2.zip";>www.mi4.biz/files/testing/20070507_hspi_xAP2.zip</a><br>
I have also added a line that means that should HS request and x10 code
that the plugin doesn't know that the info will be put in the log which
will hopefully make debugging easier!<br>
If you do have lots and lots of devices then I would suggest going to
the xAP&gt;Config&gt;Devices tab and disabling some. Down the
bottom of
the list you have a disable all option. Probably best to start with
then all off and turn them on as needed.<br>
Stability wise I haven't seen any problems. I have seen issues
occasionally where when HS2 restarts the hs_compatibilty.exe which runs
the plugin doesn't stop and when HS2 starts it can't run any plugins.
There is an issue with domotion, both xAP and domotion work fine on
their own. Run them together and one or the other doesn't work, very
odd.<br>
It may be worth deleting your /xAP/ folder before running the new ocx
to make sure all is nice and clean. The vb.net error is very odd and
not something i've seen before, if it continues could you email you
/xAP/settings.txt file to me and i'll see what is going on. ( james at
mi4 dot biz). I don't know if your running this on vista but there is a
hot fix for some vb.net errors <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="ftp://homeseer.com/pub/VBPatch.exe";>ftp://homeseer.com/pub/VBPatch.exe</a>,
but
even without that patch the xap plugin is working fine here on vista
with HS2.2.0.11<br>
Let me know how you get on.<br>
James<br>
Jon wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Kevin,

Sorry, I should have answered your first post better.

I do also have Michaels xAP plugin installed (but disabled)  and tried
it before downloading James offering.

I was hoping to support a home grown plugin first!  That said, I did see
a post somewhere on the HS message board about xAP conduit stability
issues (I cannot find it ATM) and wanting to change to Michaels plugin.

With conduit, I am seeing so many xAP messages, probably due to my 486
devices being constantly updated that the xAP viewer cannot cope at
times. As usual, I'm probably pushing things to their limit.

I'll wait until James replies before going down a different route.

Thanks,

Jon

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
Kevin Hawkins <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:lists@...";>&lt;lists@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">HI Jon - sounds ominous ... HS runs for me
pretty much 24/7 but
maybe you're using an aspect of the xAP plugin that I'm not. There is
also Michaels xAP plugin for HS - a very different UI but he uses it a
lot and it fully supports BSC.

Jon wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, things are going from bad to
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->worse
</pre>
<pre wrap="">at the moment.

For some reason, Homeseer crashed totally in the night and refused
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->to
</pre>
<pre wrap="">restart getting stuck with a VB.NET script
exception:

07/05/2007 04:03:59 ~!~Warning~!~VB.Net script exception,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->re-starting:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.

As soon as I remove hspi_xAP2.ocx from the root of Homeseer and
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->restart,
</pre>
<pre wrap="">the problem disappears. This is totally
reproducible. If I
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->re-install
</pre>
<pre wrap="">the plugin, restart Homeseer (as many times as
you like) and this
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->error
</pre>
<pre wrap="">occurs. Remove the ocx and the problem is