RE: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer

This thread prompted me to take a look at the code for the X10
connector to
check out exactly what it provides around Extended Commands and Direct Dim.

The connector will accept xAP-X10 schema messages like:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FFA92200
Class=xAP-X10.Request
Source=ersp.PowerShell.baltic
Target=ERSP.X10.>:Test.LD11
}
xAP-X10.Request
{
Device=A1
Command=Extended1
extCmd=49
extData=32
}

Where extCmd=49 is a direct dim (Extended 1, Type 3 command) and
extData= 0 - 62 (0 - 100% dim).

I think the latter should really be 0 - 63 but that's how it is in the
current version.

When a device is setup as a ProDimmer then the connector will translate
between xAP-X10 and xAPBSC in both directions. So the command above
produces
a BSC event:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FFE0D806
Class=xAPBSC.event
Source=ERSP.X10.baltic:Test.LD11
}
output.state
{
State=ON
Level=92/180
DisplayText=Event: Test LD11 dim to 51%
}

Likewise if there's another X10 controller on the powerline capable of
sending direct dim commands then the connector will see these, alter its
internal record of the device level and issue both a xAP-10 and BSC events.

This translation requires both X10 and BSC schemae to be enables in the
options panel.

Edward