Re: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer

HI Jon - sounds ominous ...      HS runs for me pretty much 24/7 but
maybe you're using an aspect of the xAP plugin that I'm not.    There is
also Michaels xAP plugin for HS - a very different UI but he uses it a
lot and it fully supports BSC.

Jon wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, things are going from bad to
worse
> at the moment.
>
> For some reason, Homeseer crashed totally in the night and refused to
> restart getting stuck with a VB.NET script exception:
>
> 07/05/2007 04:03:59 ~!~Warning~!~VB.Net script exception, re-starting:
>
> As soon as I remove hspi_xAP2.ocx from the root of Homeseer and
restart,
> the problem disappears. This is totally reproducible. If I re-install
> the plugin, restart Homeseer (as many times as you like) and this
error
> occurs. Remove the ocx and the problem is cleared.
>
> Until this is sorted, I am able to go any further.
>
> FYI, I was using your last option by placing the X10 app in the X10
> target field. If as you say uses the old x10-request schema then I
> assume this is the reason why extended does not work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jon,
>> Welcome to the group.
>>
>> As you've guess there are quite a few ways of connecting things
here.
>> In a pure xAP world
>> x10 is connected to Edward's CM12 app. All communication/reporting
is
>> done via the BSC schema. If HS has the xAP plugin loaded then you
can
>> add the devices through the new hardware screen. Other apps like
>> Floorplan could also control/view the devices and everything would
>>
> stay
>
>> in sync.
>> HomeSeer x10 to xAP
>> x10 is connected straight to HomeSeer. x10 devices are setup in
>> HomeSeer. The xAP HS plugin provides BSC access to the HS devices
>>
> which
>
>> then internally to HS connect to the x10 devices.
>> HomeSeer using xAP x10
>> x10 is connected to Edward's CM12 app and it is configured to
receive
>> xap-10 messages ( this is the old x10 schema). In HomeSeer you use
the
>> xAP plugin as the x10 connector. You setup the devices as usual in
>> HomeSeer and in the xAP plugin set the x10 target as the CM12 app.
Now
>> when you control the HS x10 device either from within HS or using
BSC