Re: @James - Homeseer Plugin - Solved ??

  • Subject: Re: @James - Homeseer Plugin - Solved ??
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:01:05 -0000

Hi marc

Is that Ultramon for Homeseer 2 you are running or the one for
Homeseer 1?

I see thread you reference is a description of the HS 2 one but he
is only on the second test release at the moment (released oct 6)

Of course James also has a similar xAP app called xAP Ping available
from

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=37

Kevin

p.s. the link to the zip is broken ;)

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "marcrfuller"
<yahoogroups@s...> wrote:

> hi James,
>
> I've been testing pretty much since this problem started and think
> have tracked it down. It seems that UltraMon plugin is causing the
> problems with the xAP Homeseer plugin.
>
> Ultramon is a homeseer plugin that periodically checks tcpip
devices
> to make sure they are responding... see here:
> http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107098
>
> I built up a new PC with a clean Homeseer install, then re-added
each
> peice of software until the error showed itself. Every time I
tried to
> use Ultramon, the error return. It doesn't happen straight away,
but
> usually within a few hours.
>
> The version of UltraMon I am using is version 1.2.0.0. I can't
> remember exactly where I downloaded this version as the version on
the
> Homeseer boards is an old one.. I think I go it directly from
> UltraJones, the guy that wrote it. If you would like to test it, it
> can be downloaded from here:
> http://gallery.serenitymeadow.com/HSPI_UltraMon.zip
or I can email
it
> to you.
>
> So it seems this plugin is the source of all my woes. Any ideas why
> the Homeseer xAP plugin would not like the UltraMon plugin ?
>
> Any information appreciated.
>
> Marc
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
> >

> > Marc,
> > I'm still trying to track this down. I've been running HS2 since
your
> > email and it hasn't happened here. Looking on various
forums/bbs/blogs
> > the error seems to be threading going amuck. Is your PC either
dual
> > processor or Hyper threaded by any chance? The current plugin is
> > apartment threaded but seems to work equally well in single
threaded
> > mode (only options available in vb) I'll send you over a single
threaded
> > version and see if it helps
> >
> > James
> >
> > marcrfuller wrote:
> > > Just an addition to my previous email. My Homeseer
installation.. and
> > > Windows operating system is on the E drive, not the C drive.
Dunno if

wrote:

> [...]
I saw
similar on