Re: @James - Homeseer Plugin - Solved ??

--------------090106060902030807020004

Marc,
Excellent detective work. TBH i've been struggling to re-create the
error so am very glad you've got to the bottom of it.  Could you mail be
the plugin and I'll try and figure out what is going on. All I can think
of, and this goes back to when i made xAP ping, was that when waiting
for ping to be returned the application can lock up until the timeout. I
wonder if when a ping times out it takes too long and pauses HomeSeer
during this time. The xAP plugin has to keep track of all devices and it
does it by monitoring events and doing occasion polls of all devices, so
what may be happening is that occasionally the poll and the ping timeout
occur together.
Once i can get it loaded up I'll see what i find out and keep you informed

James

marcrfuller wrote:
> hi James,
>
> I've been testing pretty much since this problem started and think I
> have tracked it down. It seems that UltraMon plugin is causing the
> problems with the xAP Homeseer plugin.
>
> Ultramon is a homeseer plugin that periodically checks tcpip devices
> to make sure they are responding... see here:
> http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107098
>
> I built up a new PC with a clean Homeseer install, then re-added each
> peice of software until the error showed itself. Every time I tried to
> use Ultramon, the error return. It doesn't happen straight away, but
> usually within a few hours.
>
> The version of UltraMon I am using is version 1.2.0.0. I can't
> remember exactly where I downloaded this version as the version on the
> Homeseer boards is an old one.. I think I go it directly from
> UltraJones, the guy that wrote it. If you would like to test it, it
> can be downloaded from here:
> http://gallery.serenitymeadow.com/HSPI_UltraMon.zip
or I can email it
> to you.
>
> So it seems this plugin is the source of all my woes. Any ideas why
> the Homeseer xAP plugin would not like the UltraMon plugin ?
>
> Any information appreciated.
>
> Marc
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
>
>> Marc,
>> I'm still trying to track this down. I've been running HS2 since
your
>> email and it hasn't happened here. Looking on various
forums/bbs/blogs
>> the error seems to be threading going amuck. Is your PC either
dual
>> processor or Hyper threaded by any chance? The current plugin is
>> apartment threaded but seems to work equally well in single
threaded
>> mode (only options available in vb) I'll send you over a single
threaded
>> version and see if it helps
>>
>> James
>>
>> marcrfuller wrote:
>>
>>> Just an addition to my previous email. My Homeseer
installation.. and
>>> Windows operating system is on the E drive, not the C drive.
Dunno if

wrote:

> [...]
saw similar on
and it seems

>>> pretty

problem with

> build

everything is

>>> working

working ok?

screen

> dissapears.

running and are

> there

of occurred

>>> around

> the x10

(turns off 2

> etc).

you go to

>>> xAP>Stats

things down.

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------090106060902030807020004

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Marc,<br>
Excellent detective work. TBH i've been struggling to re-create the
error so am very glad you've got to the bottom of it.&nbsp; Could you
mail
be the plugin and I'll try and figure out what is going on. All I can
think of, and this goes back to when i made xAP ping, was that when
waiting for ping to be returned the application can lock up until the
timeout. I wonder if when a ping times out it takes too long and pauses
HomeSeer during this time. The xAP plugin has to keep track of all
devices and it does it by monitoring events and doing occasion polls of
all devices, so what may be happening is that occasionally the poll and
the ping timeout occur together.<br>
Once i can get it loaded up I'll see what i find out and keep you
informed<br>
James<br>
marcrfuller wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">hi James,

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107098";>http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=107098</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://gallery.serenitymeadow.com/HSPI_UltraMon.zip";>http://gallery.serenitymeadow.com/HSPI_UltraMon.zip</a>
or I can email it
to you.

So it seems this plugin is the source of all my woes. Any ideas why
the Homeseer xAP plugin would not like the UltraMon plugin ?

Any information appreciated.

Marc

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@m...";>&lt;james@m...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">
Marc,
I'm still trying to track this down. I've been running HS2 since your
email and it hasn't happened here. Looking on various forums/bbs/blogs
the error seems to be threading going amuck. Is your PC either dual
processor or Hyper threaded by any chance? The current plugin is
apartment threaded but seems to work equally well in single threaded
mode (only options available in vb) I'll send you over a single threaded
version and see if it helps

James

marcrfuller wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Just an addition to my previous email. My
Homeseer installation.. and
Windows operating system is on the E drive, not the C drive. Dunno if
that would make a difference ?

Many Thanks

Marc

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"marcrfuller"
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:yahoogroups@s...";>&lt;yahoogroups@s...&gt;</a>
wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">--- In <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@m...";>&lt;james@m...&gt;</a>
wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">First thing to check would be the HomeSeer
version. I saw similar on
some of the earlier betas, I'm using 1978 build here and it seems

</pre>
<pre wrap="">pretty

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I've got 2.0.1984 installed here, but also had
this problem with
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->build
</pre>
<pre wrap="">1972.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I assume that in between the startup and the
error everything is

</pre>
<pre wrap="">working

</pre>
<pre wrap="">correctly, devices being updated, xAP web
pages working ok?

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Yup, everything works fine until I get that
message, then xAP stops
receiving messages, and the xAP link in the Homeseer screen
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->dissapears.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Could you let me know if you have other
plugins running and are
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->there
</pre>
<pre wrap="">any scripts/events that happen over night or
that may of occurred

</pre>
<pre wrap="">around

</pre>
<pre wrap="">when this error popped up?

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I've got the Mainlobby plugin, UltraMon
plugin, X10 plugin and
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->the x10
</pre>
<pre wrap="">plugin running. I have only 1 event that runs
at night (turns off 2
x10 devices) but this error also happens during the day when nothing
is running (apart from device status changes, eg motion detection
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->etc).
</pre>
<pre wrap="">

</pre>
<pre wrap="">After HomeSeer has been running a little while
could you go to

</pre>
<pre wrap="">xAP&gt;Stats

</pre>
<pre wrap="">and let me know what the xAP rate is?

</pre>
<pre wrap="">The current rate is 320 (21.3/min)

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Sorry  for all the questions but it does help
narrow things down.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">That's no problem at all, I really appreciate