RE: Where can I find a native Tivo hub/listener

  • Subject: RE: Where can I find a native Tivo hub/listener
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:50:59 -0400

Teaser:
http://webpages.charter.net/bushman4/jpegwriter.html

Pictures to follow, maybe tonight...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.
-----Original Message-----
From: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
[mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stuart Booth
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 3:23 PM
To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Where can I find a native Tivo
hub/listener

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:30:42 -0000, "alanmiddleton74"
<yahoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I keep seeing references to 'If you don't have a native xAP listener'
>and yac. Is there a native tivo listener? if so could someone point me
>towards it or am I better going the yac route?

As far as I know, Patrick Lidstone is the only chappie that's developed
one. However, Glenn Sullivan recently mentioned:

66
Call comes in->
NetCallerID picks up the CID info->
xAP NetCallerID generates a xAP CID message-> xAP Switchboard picks up
the message & logs it-> xAPTivoJPEGWriter picks up the message,
looks up
the user info from Outlook (including a picture, if there is one) builds
a JPEG that is 720 pixels wide and 100 pixels high, and pushes it to the
Tivo Screen using JPEGWriter and a TivoWeb module.  It displays nicely
at the bottom of the screen, similar to how the MCEosd plug-in works...
99

So that's an alternative perhaps?

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/