RE: Is there a schema / application for schedules?

  • Subject: RE: Is there a schema / application for schedules?
  • From: Patrick Lidstone \(Personal e-mail\)
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 16:56:00 +0000

> >- is it feasible to do this with java (where I have a reasonable
> >amount of experience) or is it time to learn .net ?
>
> I believe Patrick may have done some Java bits'n'bobs, but
> I'm not clear on this work precisely.

I do indeed have a nice Java API, but I haven't had a chance to
package it yet. I can certainly forward a snapshot and probably
some basic sample code if you'd like to have a play with it, Alan.

There's a couple of caveats: I want to rework the underlying
implementation of some of the code (which is a bit rough and ready),
and I need to write some code which in JNI to automatically detect the
subnet mask
and iterate the network interfaces - at the moment you have to
specify the broadcast interface address manually. No biggie but
less than ideal.

Patrick