Re: Is there a schema / application for schedules?

  • Subject: Re: Is there a schema / application for schedules?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:27:00 +0000

On Fri, 21 May 2004 22:47:59 -0000, "alanmiddleton74"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=bU0-ASMOeGPROybTVSYMVEjuHg8pqj7tO9kiHlLq80GfsoT64UgkRVNYLGTpxRbrWQhr4IZZJYXA4XnWHw">yahoo@a...</a>>
wrote:

>As per usual trying to go into things at the deep end I was
>concidering writing an app to push scheduled events from palm
>desktop / other calendar app to xap.
>
>Three immediate questions for this,
>- has anyone else already done this or something similar say for
>outlook ?

That's not something I've seen myself, but I can see some uses for it
already.

>- is there a suitable schema for presenting this information ?

Again, not one that I've seen. Time to roll your own I think! :)

>- is it feasible to do this with java (where I have a reasonable
>amount of experience) or is it time to learn .net ?

I believe Patrick may have done some Java bits'n'bobs, but I'm not
clear on this work precisely.

As for .NET (at last, something I *can* answer better!), there is very
definitely an SDK available that you can use... ;-) I've never
bothered with Java myself, but I do thoroughly enjoy using .NET for my
application development.

>At the moment it's more a thought in my mind as opposed to something
>that will be available next week but it's been a while since I've had
>a programming challenge and xap seems an interesting way to do it.

FWIW, both Edward Pearson and I learned .NET, C# and xAP as an
exercise, so you're in similar company straight away there I think.

I've found it to be a very entertaining hobby indeed - there are so
many things I want to do that I don't think I'll run out any time
soon.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=EXzkFa76k6naB-B0Gy6B2XrU4jmpZVnVAsIS4DDh1wDkXZmWM9VX0kKc9ne0qKKTKOo8z-lHPST9f4nv0NlcFm4">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net