Re: Call for Website to be updated

  • Subject: Re: Call for Website to be updated
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:45:00 +0000

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:38:17 +0100, "Stuart Poulton"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Wiq1IW4gfHfeO7hDSUvIViajrpbqB_cYGGlHwJvVdfE8M6kPxrsp2WPJNwz0e6fG5tzzZhqlUIyVuIOya0AzBswAvmM">stuart.poulton@a...</a>>
wrote:

>I've made repeated requests to developers for news items, how-to's etc.
>have also offered a centralised FTP facility and indeed webspace to
anyone
>that wanted it,

News items. For me I've not really had anything of any note over the
past few summer months, but things should pick up now it's cooling
down at last. A fair few newsbits on my own site of late seems to
confirm that.

I had felt the primary site wasn't too active and didn't want to
bother you too much about them until you thought they new one was
finished.

HowTo's. :) I'm struggling to even write one for my own site so I've
got nothing to offer there yet. One of these days I'll get around to
that task I think.

Schema documents I do have though, but I just didn't feel there was
anywhere to submit them. I'm afraid I thought you were busy with other
things and didn't want to disturb you.

FTP. I've got some 50 odd downloads on my own site. Maintaining that
alone is a right pig of a job. I can't imagine wanting to do that
twice over I'm afraid !!

However, now I have a web deployment utility that is an absolute life
saver. Check a few options and click a button and it packages and
uploads everything, and prepares a report on what I need to update on
my site (until I figure out how to do that programmatically too). I
could certainly make it link to xapautomation.org though, oh yes.

Let me have sufficient access to a site and I'll definitely mirror my
appropriate news items for you. I'd much rather be able to do it
myself rather than bother somebody else to do something for me.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=3_sgwIIh92jlWUSPNO7QcmmTUlbz9wE9lySe-J2wrGZI5WKOCi2nmLNf1gqsmMviC1kFnX978lasDDM7oA">stuart@x...</a>