Re: Call for Website to be updated

  • Subject: Re: Call for Website to be updated
  • From: Mark McCall
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:23:00 +0000

> Work has been on-going to make the site less developer focused and
more
> aimed at the user,

Agreed...this is what is required.

> I'm not able to do this on my own.

Is anyone working on guide/s at the minute?

> In order to move things forward, the new xAP site can be found here

Not sure that we need a new site, just one that gets updates.

> NOTE: The new site is currently 100% static, I'm not saying this is
the
way
> to go, sections like the news, schema, apps will probably end up with
very
> simple CMS system.

In my view a CMS site is infinately easier to update and keep looking
fresh.
If we weren't able to update the CNS one, going to a static will be a very
bad move.

> Developers will obviosly want to keep their independence, however I'd
like
> to have a mirror copy of all code/apps so that where possible they are
100%
> available, developers please mail me off-list to discuss how best to
set
> this up.

Very important! Even if it's only a link from the central site to the file
(although holding a copy on the official site would be better).

> Comments, content and help welcomed (preferably positive).

Hopefully I am being.

Thanks

M.