Re: Call for Website to be updated

  • Subject: Re: Call for Website to be updated
  • From: Stuart Poulton
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:38:00 +0000

Hi All,

To clarify a few things.

I've made repeated requests to developers for news items, how-to's etc. I
have also offered a centralised FTP facility and indeed webspace to anyone
that wanted it, these offers were made at the start of the project and have
been made repeatedly since.

Work has been on-going to make the site less developer focused and more
aimed at the user, I'm not able to do this on my own.

In order to move things forward, the new xAP site can be found here

It's obviously not completed, if anyone has content or is willing to write
content for the missing sections then please let me have it.

NOTE: The new site is currently 100% static, I'm not saying this is the way
to go, sections like the news, schema, apps will probably end up with a
very
simple CMS system.

Developers will obviosly want to keep their independence, however I'd like
to have a mirror copy of all code/apps so that where possible they are 100%
available, developers please mail me off-list to discuss how best to set
this up.

Comments, content and help welcomed (preferably positive).

It's time to get xAP back onto the map, if (swmbo permitting) I get chance,
I'll move the new look site to be the main www.xapautomation.org page at
some point this afternoon.

Regards

Stuart P