Re: Sending e-mails using xAP

  • Subject: Re: Sending e-mails using xAP
  • From: max_adamiec
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:22:00 +0000

I've been using Stuarts "pre beta" fwd email app for three days
now.
It's had a 100% success rate, forwarding over 120 emails from two
different addresses.

Only suggestion I can make is with the send email app. At some point
would it be possible to add some filtering, so max@vworp are sent to
max@something and swmbo@vworp is sent to swmbo@something (I may
actually give her that address, it's easy enough to remember)

Or, max@vworp NOT forwarded to swmbo@something and swmbo@vworp NOT
forwarded to max@something.

Max

--- In <a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=yTXclN57y_yotGyJzC3vziK-5SGBlXMyV7dBA32qniicb9u9ITtUldCziV_9znYHrDnY5vLoe_46lXJlQ1tvVd9mLfweIAc">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
Stuart Booth <lists@x> wrote:
> Heya Folks,
>
> I've uploaded a new application (in the usual Console and Windows
> Service guises) that generates new e-mails sent via SMTP upon
receipt
> of xAP message requests.
>
> The applications are available here:
>
> <<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?</a>
name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=43>

> So for instance the following generates an email from me ... to me,
> along with a couple of CC addresses (me again):
>
> xap-header
> {
> v=12
> Hop=1
> UID=FF123400
> Class=Mail.Outgoing
> Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
> }
> Message
> {
> To="Stuart Booth" <stuart@x...>
> From="Stuart Booth" <stuart@s...>
> Subject=Testing Send Email
> Org=xAPFramework.net
> CC=stuart@s...;stuart@s...
> Priority=High
> }
> Body.Text
> {
> Text.1=This is a test email
> Text.2=sent via xAP Send EMail
> }
> Signature
> {
> Text.1=--
> Text.2=xAPFramework.net - a xAP software dev. framework for .net
> Text.3=
> Text.4=<a href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</a>
> }
>
> The full new story can be read here:
>
> <<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?</a>
name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=36>

> Now it's a very easy thing to link New Email notifications to Send
> Email messages, such as that which Max was suggesting.
>
> Or if you happen to detect some other event that you want more
widely
> broadcast, an email can easily be sent. This might be an email-to-
Text