Re: Re: Sending e-mails using xAP

  • Subject: Re: Re: Sending e-mails using xAP
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:43:00 +0000

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:22:10 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=aNgrNsmWYpAnHC3I6o27lX9VoKWO5Wde5yMk5sCo7n8HTtARw7Dp36AyAOTLLpISaZXzRCcYx5pHRs3Tyg">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>I've been using Stuarts "pre beta" fwd email app for three
days now.
>It's had a 100% success rate, forwarding over 120 emails from two
>different addresses.

Excellent! You've really been heavily testing 2 different applications
there - SendEmail and that NewEmailFwd application I put together for
you.

>Only suggestion I can make is with the send email app. At some point
>would it be possible to add some filtering, so max@vworp are sent to
>max@something and swmbo@vworp is sent to swmbo@something

That's really a set of rules needed by the new email forwarding plugin
rather than the SendEmail application. SendEmail just does exactly
what it's told, so we'll need to improve the xAP instructions that are
sent out to send on a new email message.

An entertainingly disconnected series of xAP events here!

1. POP3 monitors mailboxes and sends new email notifications.
2. NewEmailOSD translates these into OSD messages.
3. TiVoYAC and SliMP3Connector ensure their respective devices display
the messages.
4. NewEmailFwd also picks up the POP3 notifications and sends email
requests.
5. SendEmail sends out the new message details to another email
address.

Certainly my xAP network at home is starting to get quite busy, yours
even more than mine, Max!!

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=dRcd_ReOsbqDkiaLuYziAsJpCQRNXAu1H1wi3CNCjRnRlnunpNxg3WRZQedk319PXmuwMSLdP71HBEDzvzwvyo4">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net