Displays and those messages....

  • Subject: Displays and those messages....
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:11:00 +0000

Ian B wrote:

> I am just beginning to think about a 'low end device' for myself. It
will
> be a pretty little display (blue if I can get it) of 128 by 64 dots
> (graphic). Initially this will be for my scheduler but it will also be
> stand alone display unit at the end of the day. I plan to use a wheel
and
> a couple of buttons for user input e.g. scrolling through menus and
> selecting options etc. There is the possibility of touch screen as
well.

> I would be interested in your thoughts on something like this
including
> the features verses price.

Every now and then I mention my own interest in these to StuartP as
he's always seemed super-expert in this area :) IanL's recent screens
were of great interest too, but for me, right now, realistically it's
going to sit on the shelf gathering dust so there is just no point in
my acquiring one - I don't see the point if I'm not going to use it
Right Now !!! :)

Features ... could an IR receiver be built into one, similarly to the
Slim, and thus a standard up/down/left/right control system can be
built into it in the same way? Would that save space?

Mind you, that does require that you don't lose the remote!

At the moment my own interest is purely in display rather than menus.
I'm sure that will come eventually though. So I've not had any
thoughts on a xAP menu interface I'm afraid.

I'd like to see a range of xAP-enabled displays supported. Display
only; text vs graphics; 2, 4, 8 lines; touch screen; wheel/button
interfaces.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=xyi6m2V0zrp7gz78itubIMKsq2UkOx3WNggFAuHwzWG9zoEDxX5PGVvBz4MgyfC_l_4nAJn74Is0nv1aaHwKAw">stuart@x...</a>