Re: Improving WiFi Coverage

The EdgeRouter Lite (again from Ubiquiti and available from LinITX) is
also=
a great little bit of kit - sneak it in behind your existing router, turn =
off the WiFi on your existing router and just use it as a gateway to the
ou=
tside world with the EdgeRouter Lite managing your network then use the
Ubi=
quiti APs to do your WiFi and you'll have a (to all intents and purposes)
b=
ulletproof network.

I've given up p*ssing about with consumer routers for anything where I
know=
that I'll get grief if it goes down ... I was banging away for years with =
our ex-MD at work as he was complaining that his networks was crap - he
had=
APs dotted all over with EOM uplinks and it was a mess.

I was plugging away at him for years to give the Ubiquiti stuff a try and
e=
ventually when I moved out of my old flat and had my kit 'spare' I just
sai=
d to him to *TRY* mine in his place.

I installed it one Friday evening after work, ran some long network cables
=
around his house temporarily to feed the APs (they're PoE so only one wire
=
to them) and left him with it. Monday morning I asked him how it was
going.=
..

"Works great, no problems at all, get WiFi everywhere in the house and
even=
out to the garden - why didn't you put that stuff in before?"

I could have slapped him! (Except for he was the boss...) :-)

If you *HAVE* to co consumer grade kit then the LinkSys EA7500 is proving
p=
retty good for us here at the office when used with our streaming audio
kit=
and is about =C2=A3130...=20

Phil

Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

Posted by: Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums