Re: MultiRoom FreeSat

Am 14.01.2014 12:00, schrieb Nigel Giddings:
> Hi Peer,
>
> I'm not currently using Satellite for any of my TV feeds. All my
content
> is delivered by Terrestrial / Broadband.
>
> What added value do you feel you get from having access to Satellite
> content? Do you subscribe (make a payment) to some of the satellite
> content providers and do you think the additional complexity / expense
of
> a satellite enabled system is justified by the additional content
> available?

I am using a central VDR server as part of my LinuxMCE system to supply
Astra 19.2 and Astra 28.2 throughout my home. I don't see any
complexity, and I like the added channels (main use are multiple
languages) I can receive.

Every PC in the house can receive any channel available (within reason,
atm I only have 2x Dual-DVB-S2 cards, but as each one can provide access
to a whole transponder, I never had a problem with unavailable
channels). My main viewing area is powered by a LinuxMCE media director,
and runs the original VDR client. All others simply run VLC. I played
with XBMC a bit, like the design, but didn't like the speed. All PCs are
wired, and only control data (LinuxMCE Orbiter running on an iPad) is
sent over wifi.

--
Best regards

Peer Oliver Schmidt