Re: MultiRoom FreeSat

You need =91one LNB=92 per concurrent signal.  For example if you have
thre=
e separate TVs you=92ll need a quad LNB and will have one spare.  If you
ha=
ve something like a Humax PVR it uses two feeds (ideally) so you=92d need
t=
wo for that.

There are various things you can do with distribution but that complicates
=
matters.  Keeping it simplest one LNB attachment per TV normally and a
Quad=
LNB will support four TVs (each with one attachment)

robin

On 13 Jan 2014, at 22:12, Wayne Harrison <Wayne@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings to the collective.
>=20
> I've not got satellite currently, or ever had (sky or anything) but
with =
the imminent delivery of a nice new TV which has the ability to plug right
=
up to a FreeSat dish I thought I would give it a go.
>=20
> I understand with Sky - if you have a true multiroom set up with the
abil=
ity to watch different programs in different rooms (unlike the older 'feed
=
the same picture up a coax 'arial' feed to a 2nd tv) you need a quad lnb
on=
the dish to feed each room. Typically the dish has a drop per room you wan=
t to send it to.
>=20
> Does the collective know if the same is true with FreeSat?
>=20
> I've tried the web site and get a 'beltch' of ASP errors when clicking
th=
e 'get more info' button so was wondering if anyone has tried it ?
>=20
>=20
> Thanks
> Wayne.