Re: HMDI over Cat5e solution wanted

Hi Paul

It's actually these that I've got.  Has RS232 and strangely is a few
pounds=
cheaper.  As I said Scan were going to be offering something cheaper but w=
ere out off stock at the time.

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg03654/hdmi-ir-rs232-over-1x-cat5e-6-h=
dbaset/dp/AV21385

On 9 Aug 2012, at 10:06, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ah, are they the pro signal PSG03652?
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
Paul Gale
> Sent: 09 August 2012 09:59
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] HMDI over Cat5e solution wanted
>=20
> I know that many of the HDMI over Cat5/6 units are very fussy about
quali=
ty of cabling and the use of patch panels etc. I had similar experiences
an=
d sent the ones I tried back as they didn't work very well through my
cabli=
ng and patch panels.
>=20
> I've not tried and HDbaseT units though - would be good to know which
mod=
els you have Brian :)
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
Brian Smith
> Sent: 08 August 2012 20:25
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] HMDI over Cat5e solution wanted
>=20
> Hi Tim
>=20
> I'm no expert so can only share personal experiences.  I have a couple
of=
unbranded units from CPC, one powered and one passive (which were =C2=A340=
and =C2=A320 respectively from memory) and they were fine for quite a whil=
e. They are both 2 cable units and were run from what was effectively long
=
patch leads under the floor ie no breaks for patch panels or wall plates.
>=20
> Then after a house rewire, patch panels and new sources (a dune media
pla=
yer that runs at up to 1080p 60hz and 12 bit colour) I found I could no
lon=
ger run at max resolutions. The symptom was either no picture or single
gre=
en pixels dotted over the screen.  All was fine if I dropped 'down' to
25hz=
for example.
>=20
> Having located all my kit in node 0 and a possibly misguided view that
I =
needed 60hz, failure was not an option so my next port of call was some
mor=
e expensive CYP units from richer sounds (circa =C2=A3100 I think) but I
go=
t the same result.
>=20
> The situation was now getting a touch embarrassing with 'er indoors so
as=
a last roll of the dice I threw yet more money at it and bought some 'chea=
p' HDbaseT units (from CPC, Scan had some cheaper ones but they were
perman=
ently on back order).  I'm pleased to say they just work. Only powered at
t=
he sender end so no need for bulky wall adaptor behind the

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums