Re: WHS transfer

  The 'intended' approach is that you connect your disks to the new
machine, then boot from the install disk but select the option to do a
'system rebuild' (I can't remember the exact wording).

This will install a new copy of the OS but retain the data. You have to
be very careful to select the right option, though.

OK, so there'll be a fair bit of reconfiguration to do but at least the
data will remain.

Far, far safer than trying to reconstruct a mismatched system installation.

Steve

On 04/02/2011 21:11, Neil Wrightson wrote:
> Then Windows will almost certainly need to be reactivated, which will
> hopefully be done online, but sadly it often wants this doing long
before
> you've had a chance to install mobo drivers, so you have no network.
Expect
> to have to 'phone "Joe" in Mombai.
>
>> >  What about WHS itself? Will it automatically detect it's
HD's storage pool
>> >  even though it is on different SATA connections and
controller?

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums