WHS transfer

  • Subject: WHS transfer
  • From: "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:02:13 +1100

Hi All,

I have a 1RU WHS PC that I wish to move the WHS and it's drives from this
a 3RU boxed PC.
Completely different PC hardware i.e. motherboard video etc etc.
And, I don't want to re-install WHS. It's taken a lot to get it setup the
way I need.

So the question is, can I just move all of the HD's over and be ready with
the motherboard driver CD etc.
I guess it may require a Microsoft re verification etc.

Any comments on transferring all HD's from otherwise complete PC to another
complete PC?

What about WHS itself? Will it automatically detect it's HD's storage pool
even though it is on different SATA connections and controller?

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums