Re: Introductory Message

  • Subject: Re: Introductory Message
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:12:21 GMT

In article <8BCC389F4D280E4FBD9AE96B87568FDB406D2882@exchange2010>,
Tom Lawrence wrote:
> Only got the one frontend with backend, I suspect if I had more I'd
never get any work done.

We have four TVs, so that's four frontends. Then we have mythtv backend, a
Tranquil server, my Linux
"play" box (runs lubuntu), a netbook (ditto), two Windows
desktops, and two windows notebooks.

No wonder the leccy bill is stratospheric!

> Looking forward to this PVR devlopment XBMC heading towards though..
Keep meaning to check out
TVHeadend as well.

Ah, I'll have to have a look at those. Thought with lots of programming
jobs to finish, a book to
finish, and misc bike/house tinkering, my leisure time seems to lack any
actual leisure.

> I'll pass on the the link..

Many thanks.

Ian Oliver