RE: Re: SSD and VMWare Server 2... spicy!

Hmm... I'd imagine (or at least hope) that the technology should
reduce
power consumption over a traditional fully mechanical drive though... - in
laptop you don't want the sole system drive to spin down whilst the machine
is awake, so it would surely have to be going all the time... I believe
part
of the operating characteristics of hybrids is supposed to allow the
mechanical part to spin down for a good proportion of the operating time -
the SSD portion keeping the OS happy with good fast responsive storage and
able to commit writes to the drive without having to spin up the
platters...

I'm >this< close to ordering one... - now that I can't order a new
Sandy
Bridge system for at least another couple of months, I need something else
to play with!

Paul G.