Re: Re: Joggler back at 50

It's based on a small module with Ethernet interface that you can buy
(~£65 for cased version IIRC) that I have written some xAP code for.
The current modules have three/four serial ports of which the Meteor
uses one (you have to create a custom cable to use more).  I attach my
alarm system,  a TOM10  and a Quasar temp sensor board off the other
ports. This module is well suited to receiving data from a serial device
like the Meteor and presenting it via xAP, but less suited to
controlling devices as it's a bit slow in parsing Ethernet control
packets (as it lacks an inbuilt function to convert strings to
lowercase/uppercase) which is needed for address matching.

I can dig out a link to the product if you're interested and , assuming
you have a Meteor, I can send you my code to use/adapt.    I'm sure
there must be cheaper devices available than the Meteor nowadays.
Alternatively there is a free xAP app 'xAPTel' if you wish to connect
the Meteor direct to a Windows PC.

cheers Kevin

On 17/05/2010 12:56, Alan Middleton wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Do you have some more information on the "Meteor + small xAP bolt
on box". Is the bolt on box available for purchase or is there
information on how to build one?