Re: Re: Joggler back at �50

This is a 'xAP' application on the Joggler which means that the
devices
it works with must be xAP enabled.     xAP is essentially a way of
interconnecting many different automation devices from different
manufacturers  so they can all interact with each other, usually via
Ethernet.  Most leading Home Automation applications support xAP -  with
the exception of Harmony .

So if you have xAP capable CallerID then it would work with the
Joggler applications.   There are several ways of achieving this
including a CID capable modem attached to your PC or the UKHA favourite
of a Meteor CallerID box either attached to a PC or a small xAP bolt on
box (which is what I use).     Asterisk also supports this.  The linking
to a callers name, call history and the callers picture is done using
xAP Switchboard , and can use an Outlook address book too.

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=38

I believe the Meteor is no longer available and wonder what other
low cost alternatives there might be now that might be candidates for
xAP enabling  ?  A serial or USB attached device is ideal so if people
know of one - let me know.  If it supported call waiting CID even better.

On 16/05/2010 19:20, Jon Ambrose wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> What device are you monitoring this for?
>
> Does it monitor the incoming call from another device?
>
> Jon

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums