The Home Automation Hub Project

  • Subject: The Home Automation Hub Project
  • From: Mark McCall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:02:58 +0100

Submission by Derek Kennedy:

Why the Home Automation Hub?  I=92ve always been keen on the notion of
Home Automation, but two factors put me off getting started.  One, the
cost of a decent HA controller (and I don=92t mean a 24x7 PC).  Two, She
Who Must Be Obeyed hates wires running around the place.  So, I worked
with a friend to develop a low entry cost HA controller which we call
the =91Home Automation Hub=92 (or HAH). We are now nearly two years into
the project; it has taken a lot of effort (esp. on the software side)
but has been great fun.  Best of all it=92s based on a re-purposed WiFi
router that can usually be purchased on eBay for around =A310...

http://bit.ly/hah_proj

M.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums