Re: Re: DrayTek Vigor

Paul,

One thing that I was interested in was that it had a number of wired
ports as well as the wifi and one of them was GbE, which I think at the
time was the only router that did so.  I put a Netgear 16port GbE switch
on that port.  Fairly recently they enhanced the firmware to support
using the inbuild USB port for a printer or for USB storage (to act as a
simple NAS box effectively.   I've not tried that as I have a wireless
printer.  The other thing I've done is altered the firewall in the
Draytek to allow me to get into services on my LAN.  This was
straightforward (although I suspect it might be with others as well).

robin

On 16/05/10 09:48, Paul wrote:
> Thanks guys. In the past I've always used Netgear and then Linksys as
well as seperating the functions into seperate devices. But this unit
caught my eye because of the integration. It is currently out of stock so I
have some time to think through my options.

wrote:

>> Have a 2820 (no WiFi) and have been very impressed with it.
>>
>> Don't put high traffic volumes through, but have used a few bits
like the
>> port mirroring to monitor internet traffic.
>>
>> DrayTek stuff is rock stable (just checked, ADSL up-time is 58
days!) and
>> gets very good reviews, not the cheapest but you are paying for a
very good
>> quality product.
>>
>> Can't comment on the WiFi side as I've never used their wireless
products.

>> Jim

ADSL