Re: Re: Flow switch recommendations - and integration to HA server

Hi Noel,

I was looking through the instructibles web site and came across the
following project which may be of interest for part of ' thing 1' in your
mail.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Low_Cost_Water_Flow_Sensor_and_Ambient_Display/

The detection part of this project could be used in preference to a flow
meter, particularly as it would not involve cutting pipes and risking the
flow rates to the shower head, it may be cheaper too.

For added interest (not KiSS) subsequently detecting when the humidity in
the room drops below a threshold (post-shower) to signal the event when the
mirror heat pad needs switching off (No more water mist). In fact between
these two detection events you could, with a suitable delay for warming up
the shower cubicle, turn on the extractor fan as well.

Just an idea.

Stephen