Re: Flow switch recommendations - and integration to HA server

  • Subject: Re: Flow switch recommendations - and integration to HA server
  • From: "noel" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:53:45 -0000

Hi Paul,
At the moment I have pretty much nothing in the way of structured systems.
I use airport expresses for my music at the moment and I've experimented
with using Indigo on the Mac with an x10 stick a switch for very simple
volume increase etc.  Happy to get into Homevision or similar in the future
hence just want to make sure that whatever I do with the flow switch is
future proofed a little bit.  It's the getting the signal from the flow
switch to the system that I'm concerned with at the moment rather than how
the system then actually increases the volume as I know there'll be a few
ways to achieve that.

Cheers Paul

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> Noel - all depends what HA hardware/software you already have. Mirror
heat pad is pretty easy if you already have Homevision/Comfort/CBus etc???

> For the audio - a simple method is to generate IR codes from something
like Homevision or another HA Hardware controller that has IR functionality
- simply send a few volume up commands.

> Getting a little more adventurous would be something like an amp that
accepts RS232 control etc - like a Russound multi-room amp or Xantech etc
etc. RS232 can be issued by Homevision.

> Paul.

integration to
> > HA server
> >
> > Hi all,
> > Reviving this one as I'm finally looking to buy one, due to speak
with
> > the company this morning re the flow restrictions, one further
question
> > though.
> >
> > I'd like to use the flow switch to do two things:
> >
> > 1 - Turn on my mirror heat pad
> >
> > 2 - trigger an increase in volume through my HA server (music
needs to
> > be louder when showers on), to do this I'll need to get something
that
> > can bring inputs into the server unless I can do something clever
> > wirelessly with x10 or similar?
> >
> > How would I go about doing both of these from the same flow
switch, and
> > any thoughts on how I could achieve the second one?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Noel
> >

> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > It depends on what flowrate your combi can deliver... They
have a
> > > maximum heat output which usually corresponds to a stated
temperature
> > > rise at a specific flowrate. Higher flows will result in
less
> > > temperature rise, lower flows in a higher temp rise of the
water.

> > > One parameter missing from the datasheet is the pressure
loss
> > consumed
> > > by having the flow switch in the line - as you're adding a
> > restriction
> > > it will reduce the pressure at the shower head, knowing what
that
> > loss
> > > is will help in the decision-making process :-)
> > >
> > > HTH somewhat,
> > >
> > > Tim.

> > not enough for a good domestic shower fed from a combi boiler??
Looking
> > to trigger mirror heat pads when the shower comes on.

> > defence I'm now funds approved to start buying for the
bathroom!!!