RE: Re: Flow switch recommendations - and integration to HA server

It depends whether you want to go the full home-brew route and how
many devices/switches etc you have/are planning to have.

I find that Homevision/Comfort/CBus/Homeseer etc give me an incredibly
powerful and flexible HA setup. I have all kinds of complex interactions
happening here that Homevision especially allows me to setup fairly easily.
One of Kevin's HomeVision/CBus/xAP gateway's is also a critical piece of
kit that allows anything on the Homevision/PC/Network side to control and
communicate with all the lights and other electrical devices on CBus.

For example - my flow switches on my shower hot water feeds allow me to
turn on the bathroom radiators for an extra boost for x minutes before
switching back to their programmed setpoints. This gives warm towels (no
separate towel rails) and warmer bathrooms for short periods when needed. I
also have the extract fan triggered to run on the flow switch for a timed
period and heated mirrors. I also have plans for other features such as
paging announcements being routed to the bathrooms at higher levels (for
doorbell, phones etc). These are all possible and I have the kit in place -
just not the programming of HomeVision yet!

Paul.

Mirror
> heat pad is pretty easy if you already have Homevision/Comfort/CBus
> etc???
> >
> > For the audio - a simple method is to generate IR codes from
> something like Homevision or another HA Hardware controller that has
IR
> functionality - simply send a few volume up commands.
> >
> > Getting a little more adventurous would be something like an amp
that
> accepts RS232 control etc - like a Russound multi-room amp or Xantech
> etc etc. RS232 can be issued by Homevision.
> >
> > Paul.

They have a
stated
> temperature