Re: Flow switch recommendations - and integration to HA server

  • Subject: Re: Flow switch recommendations - and integration to HA server
  • From: "noel" <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 08:06:29 -0000

Hi all,=20
Reviving this one as I'm finally looking to buy one, due to speak with the
=
company this morning re the flow restrictions, one further question though.

I'd like to use the flow switch to do two things:

1 - Turn on my mirror heat pad

2 - trigger an increase in volume through my HA server (music needs to be
l=
ouder when showers on), to do this I'll need to get something that can
brin=
g inputs into the server unless I can do something clever wirelessly with
x=
10 or similar?

How would I go about doing both of these from the same flow switch, and
any=
thoughts on how I could achieve the second one?

Thanks

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@...> wrote:

> It depends on what flowrate your combi can deliver... They have a
> maximum heat output which usually corresponds to a stated temperature
> rise at a specific flowrate. Higher flows will result in less
> temperature rise, lower flows in a higher temp rise of the water.
>=20
> One parameter missing from the datasheet is the pressure loss consumed
> by having the flow switch in the line - as you're adding a restriction
> it will reduce the pressure at the shower head, knowing what that loss
> is will help in the decision-making process :-)
>=20
> HTH somewhat,
>=20
> Tim.
>=20
>=20
> On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM, noel <noel@...> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > looking for advice on flow switches, =A0http://tinyurl.com/y9ff6gc
> > this one seems to say max flow rate of 20litees/min, surely
that's not =
enough for a good domestic shower fed from a combi boiler?? Looking to
trig=
ger mirror heat pads when the shower comes on.

> > Bearing in mind it's Christmas day and I'm posting on here, in my
defen=
ce I'm now funds approved to start buying for the bathroom!!!