Re: HomeSeer and HSTouch

  • Subject: Re: HomeSeer and HSTouch
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:12:05 -0000

If you've got a couple of hours you might want to watch a replay of
the HS Webinar they did earlier this month which focussed on HS Touch. I
watched it live (the only benefit of a data centre night shift).

Details here: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139484

I'm not using HS touch (yet!) as I'm pretty much tied to Mainlobby for the
time being. I did take advantage of the Pro upgrade deal last year that
includes HS Touch so I might have a play with it soon.

I'd be interested in how you get on.

Cheers
Kevin W.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@...>
wrote:

> I've just started to mess around with it (already owned HS though, so
the $150 for HSTouch was a "bargain").

> I'm no programmer, and all I've had time to do is dink around with it,
but it seems pretty good, and simple.  The time is taken more in getting it
looking pretty, as opposed to the technical functionality.  The important
thing for me was control via an iPhone app, which it has, although the app
could be a little slicker.

> I'm also no fan of HS since it went to v2, but I have a lot of crap
that works with it, so I need to persevere.

> Pete

briview
> Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:42 AM
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] HomeSeer and HSTouch
>

> Hi All
>
> Are there any HS and HSTouch users out there? I have just taken
> delivery of my Mimo Pivot Touch monitor and am now looking for some
> software to run on it (always an after thought of mine I'm afraid).
> HomeSeer in combination with HSTouch looks to be pretty much what I
need
> but at over $400 is way over what I'd be looking to spend - in true
UKHA
> fasion :-)
>
> My current requirements are pretty light in terms of integration with
> Squeezebox, 1-wire, X10 and weather forecasts being about it. The
> question is do people with HSTouch find it meets 100% of what they
want
> and justified the expense? Is there anything else I should be looking
> at or have people rolled their own solutions?
>
> Advice apprecaited.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums