RE: Re: cbus Wiser appears to be in UK stockist

Well I *had* been giving some thought recently to upgrading from a PCI
to a
CNI, because since I changed my HA PC to a VM, I can't use physical serial
connections to it any more, so I've acquired an IP-Serial gateway with 8
RS232 ports & a LAN port. This works OK, but has frozen once (only once
in
about 18 months, so that's not too bad), but I also have problems using it
with devices that derive operating power from the RS232 port (like a couple
of Quasar temp sensor units). My long term strategy is therefore to move
away from RS232 to IP communications wherever possible and have native IP
connections between the various devices & their management tools that
run o=
the HA server... As part of this I'm intending to upgrade a comfort UCM to
an Ethernet version (which I think I can do with an add-on daughterboard
fo=
one of my existing serial UCM's), and as previously mentioned, changing the
PCI to a CNI...

Now that this appears to fit the requirement for providing a CNI which will
work perfectly well with toolkit & PICED, *and* a whole host of other
features, *and* is cheaper than the old CNI alone - never mind the combined
cost of a CNI & a PAC, since the Wiser appears to also have the logic
engin=
as well (so would also render the PAC redundant too wouldn't it?) - this
seems like insanely good value! - an iPhone UI is just the icing on the
cake! (presumably iPod touch compatible as well?) - I'd found that site you
mentioned too, & am now trawling through the documentation there, -
must
admit, I hadn't seen mention of an iPhone app yet...

I think I'll be getting one of these PDQ!!!    :-)

(Wonder how much I could make back for my PCI *and* PAC???)

Paul G.